Mrs Dix made some beautiful decorations with the class. Mrs Dix supports us on a Thursday afternoon although may also work on other days when I am not there. She puts in so much additional support and I know she spent the afternoon before and morning of Thursday collecting resources so that every child could make a decoration. Thank you to Primrose and mum for providing resources as well. Mrs Dix often puts a letter on the class window next to the door but I am not sure if parents are reading it. I said I would mention it.
Charlie got the star of the week last week for adapting to change really well when he became a big brother.
For parents who attended the phonics evening a few weeks ago, you will have noticed that I put some resources in the book bags. One is a letter fan which are the sounds we have been learning. Go through these sounds with your child. You can combine sounds to make words eg c.a.t . The other resource is a wipe clean A4 laminated sheet with phoneme frames on it. You will see the top frame has three spaces. Encourage your child to have a go writing words such as cat, hat, sat (rhyming words) or words such as not and sat. These are words that contain three sounds made up of three letters. You can also record words with three sounds but are made up of four letters such as pick. The ck at the end of the word makes one sound. Please take care of these resources as I will need to collect them in at some stage.
I will be running this phonics session again early in the new year for parents who didn't attend the first one. It will last a maximum of 30 minutes straight from school. After this session, we will be offering reading and writing support. We are aiming to run a club for children during these next sessions although will be unable to look after children who are not of school age. You are welcome to bring them to the workshops with you.
I have sent some children home with two reading books. I noticed that they are being regularly heard at home and I am keen to support this momentum especially if it is not a book change day. mrs Fox was most impressed when i sent Zachary up to read to her. However just because they are coming home with two please do not hear both books in one evening.please do record in the purple books when you hear your child read and if possible a brief note about how they have read.
Christmas holidays will be busy but I hope children will keep their learning up with reading and phonics as well a a little bit of writing or colouring to encourage pencil control. Number can be counting of any kind as well as looking for shapes in the environment, comparing sizes of presents and even predicting which will be heaviest or lightest.
I know we have a week to go but I know next week is busy with commendations and awards on Monday, Christmas lunch on Wednesday, the pantomime on Thursday and carols on Friday. We will all be in need of a good rest. Happy Christmas to everyone.
Mrs Bq




























No comments:
Post a Comment